Given the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19, Eastland ISD will extend the suspension of normal district operations through Friday, April 3rd in an effort support our nation’s need to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19. We will be sending information out this week to families on how instruction will be delivered to continue the education of our students.
Staff will be contacted by their administration regarding reporting to work and defining responsibilities. Families will be given details regarding their child’s instruction Friday 20, 2020.
We completely understand that this will be challenging for both families and teachers. We are blessed to live in a community willing to work together. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any question.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has outlined the need for all communities to implement a social distancing protocol. We want to reiterate a request to our broader community to take the following reasonable precautions to prevent the spread of the illness:
- Don’t shake hands
- Wash your hands regularly
- Limit movement within the community, especially avoiding crowded placed and maintaining 3 to 6 ft of distance between people (at least an arm’s length)
- If you are moving around in the community, don’t congregate in large groups
- For those who have traveled to areas with known COVID-19 cases – both inside and outside of the country – we ask that you self-quarantine and monitor for symptoms. Students who have traveled should plan to stay home for two weeks after arriving home. Please contact your campus to let them know, and this will be considered an excused absence.
- If you suspect you have symptoms of COVID-19, call your health care provider for medical advice .
- Keep your child at home if he/she feels ill, even if you think it is just a cold.
- Do not leave the house if you are ill, except to access medical care
This is a quickly changing situation, and we will continue to monitor information, will assess conditions throughout the week, and we will provide updates periodically via our website and local news sources.
Thank you for your support and cooperation as we ensure that all members of the community in Eastlnd ISD stay safe and healthy.
Jason Cochran Ed.D – Superintendent Eastland ISD